Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rocky Point - siesta time

Now that you're craving some authentic Mexican cuisine...it's only fair that I tell you where to stay so you can book your trip ASAP. :) There are many options as Rocky Point is becoming more known but I always go back to the tried and true. Usually I stay on the Sandy Beach side in a condo - it offers the perks of a kitchen, pool, hot tub and it's right on the beach.

There's a grouping of condo rentals that I can personally recommend - Sonoran Sea, Sonoran Spa, Sonoran Sun and Princessa. They are all located next to one another and are similar in what they offer. Each condo (you can choose from 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms) is independently owned but the complex takes care of renting them out. They are all decorated very well and have all of the comforts of home - and by comforts I'm referring to a blender and wine opener. :) But seriously, they are fully equipped with everything you'll need for your trip, so much so that you'll never want to leave. Each complex has its own benefits.

For example, Sonoran Sea has 3 pools to choose from with one offering a swim-up bar. Additionally, the bartenders are friendly and love their jobs and will play any music you want which blasts to the entire pool...talk about party!

On the other hand, Princessa has a large beach area with palapas for sun worshipers and they are located within steps of the water.

If you recall from my food posting, I also mentioned Playa Bonita. If you are looking for a hotel option in the area, then this would be my recommendation. I, personally would go with a condo but this hotel is a great option for those not wanting/needing a condo. If you have a larger group - then definitely look into renting a house...the best ones are on the Las Conchas side...although there are a few on the Sandy Beach side. Just be sure to really research it to make sure you know exactly what you are getting! :)

4 Comments:

Kirsten said...

Sigh....this makes me want to go there RIGHT now!!!

I LOVE Rocky Point - seriously one of the best beaches ever. :)

Melanie said...

Kirsten -

I completely agree and am doing my best to do it justice! :)

M

Anonymous said...

Seriously, let's go now!!! We've had some of our best times there, and it's oh so affordable. Can't beat it. When's our next trip??

Melanie said...

Kelley-

You know I'm ready at a moments notice...November can't come fast enough!

M